Follow these 5 handy tips to get the most wear out of your Merino Wool:
- Wash inside out (note - not applicable if Merino is only used as the lining). Pilling is caused by the fibres rubbing together and is a natural process of wool. Pilling can be reduced by washing your garments inside out which reduces the friction between the fibres
- Make sure all zip fasteners are closed to prevent snagging
- Use a wool approved detergent. Using regular detergent will break down the protein in the wool ultimately reducing its lifespan
- Wash infrequently, air often. Due to its natural ability to prevent the build-up of bacteria and repel odours it really only needs washing when it has become ‘soiled’ – which makes it even easier to care for – better for you, better for the environment!
- Avoid using fabric softener – it can leave a coating on the merino fibres which reduces their natural ability to control temperature and moisture